With Thanksgiving behind us, the holiday season rolls along…..and so does the budget process.
Spreading the word – Our plan to use this season of holiday fairs and festivals to spread the word is moving along. So far we have plans to get the word out at the:
- Rutland Festival of Trees 12/1-12/3 – We will be creating a tree and wreath for the festival. If you can help with in any way, please use this link to sign up. Thank you!
- Davis Hill PTA Craft Fair on 12/9 – We’ll need help with this too!
- Others being looked into. If you have any ideas, email us and let us know!
Our next meeting – Our next meeting is on Wednesday, December 6 at the First Church in Sterling at 7pm. Residents of Sterling can offer us your town’s unique perspective on problems with the WRSD budget and ideas for solutions. Sterling is also unique because you have some different state legislators than the rest of the district. As our current mission is to get the state to listen to us, your voices will be invaluable.
100% Transporation Funding Campaign – We’ve been hard at work behind the scenes working on the details of the campaign. Our chosen slogan and graphic will be revealed this week. We were lucky enough to have someone who does graphic design help us out and we are so very grateful!!! We had so many great submissions for slogans that you will definitely be seeing most of them at some point in the campaign.
Filling seats— Upcoming meetings:
- Wednesday, 11/27 Holden Special Town Meeting @ 7pm at WRHS
- Tuesday, 11/28 Joint SC Meeting with Quabbin Regional School District to discuss Auditor’s report @6:30 pm
- Monday, 12/11 School Committee Meeting – We’ll be there to debut the campaign to the school committee and ask for their help. Come and show your support!
You can always check our calendar for upcoming meetings.
I know it’s a busy time of year for all of us, so thanks for any time you can give to the cause of helping the students of the WRSD get the education they deserve.