- Rutland Festival of Trees 12/1-12/3
- Davis Hill PTA Craft Fair on 12/9
- Houghton PTO Holiday Fair on 12/9
*** Also be on the look-out for a very kid-friendly, daytime meeting, which will be an additional time to add your voice to the conversation in person. Details coming soon. If anyone can help coordinate this, please reach out.
100% Transporation Funding Campaign – This is our new goal….a structured campaign with a petition and then a letter writing campaign to be added later. Our 11/18 meeting notes show how we came to this decision.
We need to make them pay what they promised. For this reason, I Am Wachusett is starting the 100% Transportation Funding campaign. Together, we can get the state to listen and pay up!!!
What we need is a catchy phrase and a unique graphic to get the word out about this campaign. Since it involves our regional transportation, we believe a bus is a good starting point…….maybe ~73% of a bus.
As budgets are already being created, we need to get moving!!!
Please submit your ideas for a phrase or graphic to email@example.com.
Submissions are still being accepted – especially for graphics.. After which point, we’ll vote and get the campaign started ASAP with petition that is currently being drafted.
Filling seats— Though our short term goal has shifted to a focus on the 100% Transportation Funding campaign, we need to remain committed to our mission of “promot[ing] communication and cooperation among its member towns through an engaged and informed population.”
We can do this by attending meetings of the WRSD and the member towns to be aware of all of the issues that affect our five towns and our school district.
- Wednesday, 11/15 Rutland Special Town Meeting @ 7pm at Glenwood ***A change in Rutland’s Annual Town Meeting date from May to June is being voted on at this meeting. If approved, this change would have an effect on the WRSD budget process/ timeline.
- Wednesday, 11/27 Holden Special Town Meeting @ 7pm at WRHS
- Tuesday, 11/28 Joint SC Meeting with Quabbin Regional School District to discuss Auditor’s report @6:30 pm
- Monday, 12/11 School Committee Meeting
You can always check our calendar for upcoming meetings.